Saturday 16 July 2011

Smeagol's Walk

The walk of shame. We've all done it at some point in our lives.  Like a rite of passage for the modern youth.  You've been there before, and no doubt, will be there again. As will I.   Despite its given nomenclature, you should not be completely shamed by this particular walk - be it home or heaven forbid to work. It signifies that you're a fun person, likable or useful or something of the sort.  There is admiration to be recognized and valued in those who make the most out of life.  Carpe diem!!

Now most sensible people will either go to bed or to work after enduring their walk of shame. Lesson learned.  However, there are those like myself who don't know when to quit.  Instead of "going the fuck to sleep" as Samuel suggests, will take another certain walk of shame.  Although it doesn't feel quite right to call it that, as it really deserves its own title, its on a whole other level, truly a different walk down the same old road.

What's a fitting title for the walk of... oh I don't know... how do you say.... "damn, do I seriously have to walk to the LCBO at 3pm, no wait, shit, now its 4pm Saturday afternoon and I'm still in my pyjamas and even if I change and do something with my hair there is no way to hide the truth that I'm still half drunk and is it really always the same cashier there every time I go?? for fucks sake really...." kinda feeling?

That is not the same walk of shame. What name should be given to this particular hellish voyage of necessity?  Right now all I can think of is Smeagol's walk.  Must get my precious...

No comments:

Post a Comment